Aesculus;396942 Wrote:
> I am not sure if its any better or not but I just upgraded to 2.2.1 and
> it seems responsive enough to me.  One trick I have found is that you
> need to sort of poke or jab at the volume control to get it to
> recognize your finger, then you can slide it around.  If you just press
> and hold it rarely catches for me.

Yes, I belive that's the "edge logic". A lot of people (myself
included) hold their iPhone by having one finger "parked" just below
the lower edge of the screen. Now as capacitive touch screens work,
this will feed some signal onto the screen so to not have false touches
I believe Apple has a less sensitive detection closer to the edges,
especially for static touches. You can see this effect on all controls
that are close to the edges of the screen.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng at penguinlovesmusic.com