sander;413392 Wrote:

> In this section, right after I unpause and skip the next song my
> receiver (00:04:20:16:70:70) starts playing and the Squeezebox1
> (00:04:20:05:81:a2) lags and catches up about 4 seconds into the song.
> I'm pretty sure I captured it, but I can send more examples in email as
> its fairly easy to reproduce if I keep skipping to the next song.

With newer players (SB2 and up), SC can send the start request to the
player ahead of time. That is, it tells the player to start at X, where
X is some time in the future (default 100ms). For an SB1 it does not
have this option, and SC sets a high-priority timer to send the start
command at the relevant time, allowing for normal network latency. This
mechanism is inevitably a bit hit-and-miss because SC is single-threaded
and other activities can delay the firing of a timer.

>From the log, I see two things:

- The start command (strm-u) to the SBR only gets acknowledged after
  448ms.
- The start command to the SB1 gets sent after the SB2 has already
  started.

Please check that you have undone all the changes on the Settings /
Player / <player> / Synchronization page for each player.

It could also be that SC is just busy at the start of a track. Do you
have any plugins installed? Were you using random-play?

I guess that this could be a problem with network saturation at the
beginning of tracks. You could try increasing the 'Synchronization
Start Delay' parameter (not sure of the exact name) under Settings /
Network (or is that Settings / Advanced / Network?).

--
awy