awy;413475 Wrote:
> Please check that you have undone all the changes on the Settings /
> Player / <player> / Synchronization page for each player.

OK, I only did this the SB1, but I checked the settings on the others
and they appear to be OK

> It could also be that SC is just busy at the start of a track. Do you
> have any plugins installed? Were you using random-play?

I have about a dozen plugins, MusicIP and a fairly large library (~120K
tracks) so that could be the issue. However I do have Core Duo 2.5Ghz
with 2 GB of RAM so that should help, however I did notice another
problem (occasional sound drop out) coincided with my using the cover
finder plugin so it could be Squeezecenter getting overwhelmed.

> I guess that this could be a problem with network saturation at the
> beginning of tracks. You could try increasing the 'Synchronization
> Start Delay' parameter (not sure of the exact name) under Settings /
> Network (or is that Settings / Advanced / Network?).

I tried this and it was a little better, but there were still delays.
How big can I make this buffer?

What I'm unclear of is why the SB1 is starting late? I understand the
other devices can push themselves up in the queue, but it is on a wired
connection opposite the other players which are all wireless. The
latency is less than half a millisecond with constant bandwidth. Is it
the small buffer that makes it so vulnerable to the server being
overwhelmed?

Thanks again for your help.

--
sander