GeeJay;437976 Wrote:
> My opinion?  Stick with the music.  Once you try to be all things to all
> people you end up not making anyone very happy.  I'd rather see Logitech
> focus on making the listening experience the best it can be.

I would go even farther and say if they venture into video there are
going to lose a lot of fans and I would be one of them. I bought into a
music system that, as great as it is, is still pretty rough in some
areas, and I really want to see them focus on those instead of tilting
after windmills in the video world.

The Squeezebox technology is great, but there's a lot of work that will
need to be done, just to keep it working going forward.
SqueezeOS has been a mixed bag so far, the feature set lags behind the
old SB2 generation clients in just about every regard.
MusicIP integration is one of the best things about Squeezebox, but in
the long run they really need another solution given development has
ceased.
SoftSqueeze is still the best player (especially with bpa's work and
the built in ssh tunneling) but that's depreciated so they need work
there.

I see them having a hard time meeting these challenges with their
current level of commitment, if they branch out into video, it would be
a lost cause.

--
sander