Ludens;437805 Wrote:
> Today I just went to a shop here in Denmark and bought a SB Duet, a talk
> with the salesperson made me google Squeezebox and now I'm here - and I
> now have 14 days to decide whether to return it and wait or keep it...
> :-)
>
> The salesperson told me, he had been to a Logitech seminar and they had
> shown some interesting Slimdevices sketches/prototypes, but he didn't
> give away any useful information :-/
> My first thought was: "It's obvious, now they're going to add video
> streaming!"
> For me it will make no difference (apart from affecting the price on
> the audio-line, I hope), but IMHO for the mainstream market it will make
> a big difference - and make Slimdevices "stay ahead"... or something :-D
>

> Does anyone have an opinion?
>
> Cheers,
> Ludens
>
> PS.
> Yes, I know there would be some challenges and choices in making such a
> device! But it is far from impossible...

I would love to see Logitech take a crack at video, but there is the
HDX-1000 for $219 that I think does just about everything video wise.
Looking at what is in the box, I can't figure out HOW they could make it
for $219 much less sell it of that. That device is mentioned someplace
in the Forums. Here is the 'HDX-1000'
(http://www.hdx1080.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=1&flypage=flypage.ilvm_blue.tpl&product_id=3&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=100094&vmcchk=1&Itemid=100094)

So having said that, is it worth trying to expand into that market when
the price is hammered down that low already? Looking at the available
box, it is like the computer market. Who in their right mind would start
a mom & pop computer business or try to start a new Computer brand with
what is out there now IE no margin whatsoever?

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope
2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: SB3, GFR-700HD, Thiel 2.3, Second Boom
Home Office: SB3, NAD C370, two VSM-1
Home Gym: SB3, Parasound Vamp v.3, Thiel PowerPoint 1.2
House Portable: SB3, Audioengine A5
Ford Thunderbird: Duet, Mac Mini
Ford Expedition: SB3, ToughBook