>> Are you sure you are using the least occupied WLAN channel?  Check
with Netstumbler how many of your neighbors are trying to use the same
channel as you. If any other channel is less occupied, move there. Or
switch on automatic channel selection, if your router supports it.

I got hold of Netstumbler and saw 8 other Access points within range,
on variouis channels.  Channel 13 seemed to offer best S/N, so I went
with it.  Didn't solve problem.

I then moved SqueezeBox three feet, signal strength went up from 20% to
60%, and it played FLAC for 3 hours without a glitch.  !!!

Unfortunately, there's no way it can stay in that position normally.
So I've ordered a couple of Homeplugs.....

Thanks for the help

--
BrynClarke