Wish you the best with Sonos. For me the 65k library size limit is a
problem (of course I don't actually listen to 65k tracks, but who wants
to spend the time to cull the tracks that -don't- get played?).

Am pleased with my SB3s, Booms, and Transporter. It (now) works
reliably (as long as I don't upgrade SC often) and is easy for
uninitiated users to figure out.

I too have avoided the receiver and controller. Guests often wonder how
this "wireless music thing" works, but I've stopped explaining it
because it is beyond my average tech savvy friend's grasp to reliably
run SS/SC and a network of players without getting too frustrated in the
process of making it all work (and I live a pretty tech savvy bit of the
world).

<rant>
It should be very clear that as of 2009 many of the sort of people
interested in this product no longer have (or want) a desktop PC, and
running SC on a laptop is an unattractive proposition (SC gorges on
memory like few other consumer apps, and people like to suspend/sleep
their laptops to save battery power!).

I think a PogoPlug style SC7 appliance with USB drives and *no wireless
NIC* would help a lot (tell people to plug it into their router. I've
never seen/heard of an a SB owner without a Linksys/D-Link/whatever
router). Put LEDs on it to indicate when that it has a connection to the
Internet (or SqueezeNetwork, or just a DHCP lease), a connection to 1 or
more SB players (perhaps it could blink or change color when it finds
un-configured players), and a light to indicate when SC is
ready/rescanning the library. USB hard drives are cheap and simplicity
is golden, so don't over-feature it and make it a FreeNAS/WHS clone.
PogoPlugs cost $99, but I think a SC appliance would be worth at least
as much as a Boom, and I might even be persuaded to pay some sort of
subscription fee for radio and ongoing SC updates (if this is what it
would take to get better quality SC releases). My $0.02.

More selfishly, can we have an officially supported iPod Touch
interface and a modern (meaning fast & responsive) web interface to SC?
</rant>

--
syburgh