syburgh;452006 Wrote:

> I think a PogoPlug style SC7 appliance with USB drives and *no wireless
> NIC* would help a lot (tell people to plug it into their router. I've
> never seen/heard of an a SB owner without a Linksys/D-Link/whatever
> router). Put LEDs on it to indicate when that it has a connection to the
> Internet (or SqueezeNetwork, or just a DHCP lease), a connection to 1 or
> more SB players (perhaps it could blink or change color when it finds
> un-configured players), and a light to indicate when SC is
> ready/rescanning the library. USB hard drives are cheap and simplicity
> is golden, so don't over-feature it and make it a FreeNAS/WHS clone.
> PogoPlugs cost $99, but I think a SC appliance would be worth at least
> as much as a Boom, and I might even be persuaded to pay some sort of
> subscription fee for radio and ongoing SC updates (if this is what it
> would take to get better quality SC releases).

Have you not seen the discussion on the upcoming Squeezebox Touch
player ? Its spec includes a USB port and SD card slot and the
speculation is that it will be able to run a version of SqueezeCenter
(hence the need to move SqueezeCenter to sqllite). Though I suspect that
the software isn't quite there yet and it will probably launch without
that feature being advertised.

--
andynormancx

Yes, it will. Yes, all of them. Yes, SoftSqueeze as well. What ?
I SAID ALL OF THEM !