In truth, I have been using Napster with SB for around 8 months. I have
had some rebuffering problems, but that was with mainly with my SliMP3
and a Mains ethernet kit, so not too concerned. Actually some of the
posts on the Napster boards are very critical, but for £5, I think their
expectations are too high - It's less than minimum wage! FFS, if you
were on the dole, you might even sign up!

FOr £60 a year including 60 downloaded DRM free tracks, plus the
ability to stream to any/all your squeezeboxen - then I would not be too
concerned about how good the Customer Service Dept are. In fact for that
price, I would expect them to be farmed out to the cheapest place that
Napster can put them.

Actually I'm surprised that someone like Virgin have not bought them
out, or tried to replicate - "Take out our superfast 50MB broadband and
stream any 8m tracks for free!"

The way this streaming media will pan out is that we will go back to
paying per MB of usage. If people think that they can use BBC iPlayer
all day or downlad movies from Apple TV, without eventually having to
'pay the ferryman' will be in for a shock!

To get back to you original question... I though it was a good enough
service to pay £10 a year for, so I am very happy that I can get the
same service for £5. In fact, local.bin, PM me your address and I will
send you a crisp BoE £10 note and you can have a free 2 months - I'll
just pretend that they have not reduced the price until December!

Am I the only Squeezebox owner who thinks that £5 to stream any of 8m
tracks to your player is a no-brainer?

--
mmca22gr