iPhone;511001 Wrote:
> WHY would it cost to much? And are you telling us that you use "every"
> available feature on your current Squeezeboxes? I understand you use the
> main one, Audio. Would you not use Video if it were available?
>
> There are two devices for under $250 that do just what SB does for
> audio that do the same for video as well as they both also play audio.
> The 'cheaper one'
> (http://www.hdtvsupply.com/1080p-high-definition-media-server.html)
> appears not to support FLAC. The only real drawback I see is that they
> use an external video display and that is probably because they were
> designed for Video so it is assumed that one will hook it up to a video
> display.
>
> It would be extremely easy to build/include the same video
> engine/decoder in a device just slightly larger then a Touch so that it
> would have a display for when using just audio IE a Touch that does both
> Audio and Video. So if this was designed the cost would not be the cost
> of both devices added together due to the shared nature of the device
> doing basically the same thing. Would I pay $379 for a Touch that did
> streamed 1080P HDMI and 24/96 FLAC? I would.

No, I don't use every feature (although I use most). But there is a
line, in my mind anyway. It would just feel pointless having a video
capable player in all the room which don't even have a TV. So know, for
the most part I would never use a video feature.

But I agree, a touch with HDMI and 1080p output would be nice. But I
would not want it to be a compromise. But I would still want audio only
devices for each room. Maybe I am looking at this from the wrong angle.
I was wrong before about a touch screen on the player and USB until I
got a touch!

--
autopilot

Cheers, auto.

*lounge:* squeezebox 3, squeezebox controller, cambridge audio 640a,
mission 701's *kitchen:* squeezebox touch, trends ta-10.1, kef cresta
1's. *bedroom:* squeezebox boom *bathroom/garden:* squeezebox radio
*car:* ipod classic 80gb *portable:* iphone 3gs 32gb (+ipeng)