The problem of not being able to shutdown is after SC has been closed.

I thought the problem might be the keep-alive or wifi option, but no
combination of settings helped. I've tried with both off, both on, one
or the other... same problem.

The problem is still even there with starting SC then immediately
closing it.

With the animations I've noticed it mostly with the browser.( I
actually haven't had much experience with the cover-flip - took me
forever to figure out it was a swipe up motion to activate).

When the animations are working its probably about 2 seconds. I'm not
sure if I would say the animation is slower then that when its acting
up... it tends to look choppy and hesitant but its probably still taking
about the same time.

I understand the cache option now. Its just when you go to find an
album or artist it tends to take awhile. I was wondering if a "force
cache" option would work out in the sense that you could hit the button,
walk away for something, then when you get back you would have a smooth
quick delay free library to browse.

I guess its an option of being able to choose when one has to wait for
the delay as opposed to being forced. Its alright for for me ad it is,
but with a large library that's only growing and changing a lot, it
takes awhile sometimes to pick a song.

But as I said that's a mute point more then anything else.

Thanks for looking into the sidebar, I didn't see arztde's post. I
tried to search through the thread to make sure I wasn't repeating
anything, and you're right, the screen space is pretty valuable. You've
done a great job as it is with what you've packed in.

As far as the buttons go, on the library screen its "my music, internet
radio, internet service" for the first three buttons. Since the internet
radio/services are second to my music collection, an option of "my
music, search, favorites" or similar combination related to the library
would be nice. Less clicks to the prominent options.

Appreciate you getting back so quick. If I can answer anything else to
help out let me know. In the mean time I'll keep poking around and
playing with it.

--
MusicManiac