Ben Sandee;520095 Wrote:
> I've been using the SqueezeCenter sync interface as-is for years now
> and, frankly, I dont see where all the complaints are coming from and I
> don't think it's really fair to imply that the current UI is not even
> decent.  I think for most people (the non-vocal majority) the sync
> interface is good enough because you set it up once and just leave it
> alone.  I haven't had to resync the two players that I have synced for a
> long time.
>
> There are those who are constantly adjusting sync settings who may have
> issues with this design, and the 3rd-party plugins are good solutions
> for them.
I think a lot of the interface issues come up when sync'ing more than
two players. For those cases the current standard ui is a lot more
awkward than sync'ing two players. It tries to satisfy two different
"perspectives" (the SBC's and player's), but it can be confusing. I
personally have no interest in volume sync'ing -- either absolute or
relative levels -- and I don't think that's a rare viewpoint.

--
aubuti