Hi folks.

I am playing around with squeezeslave ( 0.9-140 svn pull) on Linux Alsa
1.0.22.1

No idea if below has been discussed before.

2Qs.

1.

Is there a way to assign different names/ids to squeezeslave if I got
more than one slave in the network?

If I run more than one slave ( different machines) in the network they
can't be distinguished and share the same database. This should not be
possible at all anyhow.

Would be really nice to be able to assign dedicated IDs of choice to
each slave in the network.

2. Alsa output

Is there a way to choose between plughw and hw on the output option
-o?
Currently it is not clear what squeezeslave is doing here. I do
understand that -l shows all available outputs - as defined on
asound.conf or asound.rc.

It would be really nice to have a pretty simple output option as done
with e.g. aplay -D plughw:0,0 || hw:0,0.
99% of all Linux player allow that direct routing selection.

THX

--
soundcheck