soundcheck;529306 Wrote:

> 1.
>
> Is there a way to assign different names/ids to squeezeslave if I got
> more than one slave in the network?

Add -m00:00:00:00:00:02 to the command line of the second player.
soundcheck;529306 Wrote:

> 2. Alsa output
>
> Is there a way to choose between plughw and hw on the output option
> -o?
> Currently it is not clear what squeezeslave is doing here. I do
> understand that -l shows all available outputs - as defined on
> asound.conf or asound.rc.

Use the number to the left of the device list from -L with the -o
command line option.
soundcheck;529306 Wrote:

> It would be really nice to have a pretty simple output option as done
> with e.g. aplay -D plughw:0,0 || hw:0,0.
> 99% of all Linux player allow that direct routing selection.

Since squeezeslave runs on other platforms as well as linux, there
needs to be more generic way to select the output device.

Please see the output from -h for a complete list of available options
and their usage.

--
ralphy