G to N may move some of the data traffic out of the way, but the SB3 is
stuck at G (unless you get yet another N router and set it up as a
client bridge...).  As others have mentioned, you're actually doing two
hops over wireless just to play music, doubling the music traffic.  G to
N may improve things, but I'm dubious it would make things completely
fixed.

Two routers with two non-overlapping channels is definitely doable, and
you'd need a wireless dongle for you laptop to support it.  Dual-homing
is what it's called when you set up a single machine for two networks.

But I'm of the opinion that the ultimate problem is that, the way your
network is currently designed, your laptop is a major choke point.
You're already asking it to do too much, and I'm not sure creating a
whole new network topology is a good idea if your laptop is still the
chokepoint in that new setup.

Instead of looking at wireless access points, look at NAS devices that
support Squeezebox Server.  You can offload the work onto that, wire
that to your network so there's only one wireless hop, and you'll be
much happier.  Just double-check that your music format is playing back
natively and isn't transcoded (NAS devices don't have much CPU power to
transcode).  Or even skip the NAS device and get a real low-end PC to
act as a server--there's no limits then.

--
CatBus