not to speak about microwaves and other noisy appliances...

It is really astounding the amount of problems people have, when
thinking about the tiny amount of data needed for playing a tune.

I swear to cables as it just works!!! and I do not even have the need
for streaming video. When I restored the house I live in , I got cables
put in the walls and established a central crosspoint.
Unfortunately I didn't consider this during a previous stage so no
cabled connection in the livingroom :-(

So when I got my first Duet I also went wireless. I used a laptop an
netstumbler and it could see 10+ networks and their channels + signal
strength. I picked the best channel (1 or 6 or 11) and this far no
problems.

One should also consider the powerline option

--
slate

Main: Duet -> Beresford Caiman -> Carver A-500x -> B&W 704
Office: Duet -> Technics SU-V50 -> Stax SR84 Pro
Server: Zotac IONITX-A, 4 GB, 1 TB WD EADS, Win7 w. 7.6 (SQLite)
Tied together by D-Link DIR-655, DGS-1008D