results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=86926
Question: Dedicated controller necessary?

- Go on, just buy a Sonos then!
- Are the two extra clicks really that bad?
- The original Controller works well!
- Yes, such a controller would be the icing on the cake!

Well, functionality wise the Apps are complete.

Sonos makes big noise about their mesh network (can't judge, I only
have one device) and the better range yo can get with that but of
course you lose all that if you use a device that needs a separate,
standard WiFi network as a controller. So if their claims are correct
that has to be a big disadvantage.

UI wise I'm not as excited about their Apps as some others but that may
be just me - they don't fit my philosophy of doing things:

iPhone: you don't have a tab bar and iPeng's "two-sided" menu. Some
people find this confusing about iPeng but it has the big advantage
that yo can jump back and forth between browsing and controlling
players. In the Sonos App, whenever you want to change a volume you
have to browse the whole menu tree from the start whenever you return.
The CR200 doesn't have this issue, it has dedicated volume buttons and
also it returns to the last position if you close the zone control.
Also, the App uses a lot of space for non-content stuff and has small
artwork. My summary would be, very easy to understand but can get
tedious in everyday use because you need a lot of clicks per action.

iPad: it uses the space on the device more or less to show three views
of iPhone-App pages side by side: the NowPlaying screen with the
current playlist, the zones and the main menu. The cool thing is you
can drag&drop to the current playlist, the bad thing is, you have the
same just-a-deep-menu-structure approach and the same tiny artwork on
the iPad. If you like that, again, it's simple to understand, I
definitely don't like that one.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote and
*New: iPeng for iPad*, at penguinlovesmusic.com