results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=86926
Question: Dedicated controller necessary?

- Go on, just buy a Sonos then!
- Are the two extra clicks really that bad?
- The original Controller works well!
- Yes, such a controller would be the icing on the cake!

HelgeP;624501 Wrote:
> Whoah, thanks for all the input, guys. :-D
>
> I think I phrased my questrion a bit confusingly: I was really
> wondering whether someone (not Logitech) would be able to transform any
> kind of Android phone (I took Android as it is a supposedly more open
> system) into a Squeezebox controller via some kind of hack (removing
> the lockscreen and single-tasking the controller app).
>
> I don't mind using a phone 'only' as a controller, seeing as I would be
> spending the same amount for Sonos' dedicated controller.

Sounds not very complicated (from a technical point of view).

But I don't think there's a large market for that.

Because the price will not be lower than an existing Android Device,
but you can do a lot less with such a solution. (No Internet, no Mails,
no other Apps at all... Yes, I know, that's the point.)

--
flattermann

Christian

Home of 'SqueezeCommander' (http://www.squeezecommander.com) - The
SqueezeBox Remote Control App for Android