By the way I should have mentioned that I have actually started to test
LMS 7.7 on a separate PC. I have only spent a few minutes doing some
very basic and initial testing with just a few folders of music.
But using e.g. PlugPlayer or a similar Controller on an Android device
I can see the LMS server, I can choose folders and songs. I can play it
on my iPad, my TV and my Android device. And I see cover art and other
basic info on the Controller...
So far so good then, but what I have not yet tested is to switch my SB
Controller, or iPeng, over to that server and see what happens when I
start changing songs etc... If the "connection" to the renderer is
maintained, and whatever changes I do on the Controller (except for
volume though) is reflected at the player end, I will be quite happy to
be honest...
Although it's not my favourite world to be in, having to use:
1. Yamaha remote to turn on and choose input.
2. DLNA Controller to initiate connection and streaming.
3. My controller of choice for continued listening...

The key here is to be able to benefit from both worlds really, my
choice of Renderer/Player, and all the goodies from SB Server/iPeng...

--
Gblenn