I think some mechanical and electrical compliance w/ USB chargers is
getting mandatory in the EU, at least for battery-operated handheld
devices (which is not our case I guess.)
If you look at how the Apple PSUs for iThings are designed, they provide
a standard (?) USB port on the PSU, and the cable and port on the device
are proprietary. Others offer a mini-usb port on the device, so no
proprietary cable.

Since the DAC/player will always stay connected, keeping its own PSU
busy, I don't think you need bother with that (unless you're planning
some day for a battery operated playerÂ…)