jimzak wrote:
> Thanks again to all who offered me help.
>
> On a related note, what type of hard drive should I get for my new
> enclosure situation?
>
> Should I get a "Red" NAS specific drive or go with perhaps cheaper
> "Green" drives that offer energy savings with lower RPM (the "Red"
> drives do too)?
>
> Here's a sample "Red" drive on sale at Tiger.com:
>
> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3580092&CatId=139
>
> Here's a sample "Green" drive:
>
> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=940885&CatId=4357
>
> Any thoughts on this?  I realize a slower drive may also backup slower
> but for the main purpose of these drives, serving music files, a fast HD
> is probably not needed.
>
> Thanks.  Hope you're having a decent holiday season.
>
> Jim

That would depend on your personal preferences but I would go for WD
Red. That drive can spin at higher speeds which makes the drive more
robust.

1 x SB3, 1 x SB Boom, 1 x SB Radio and 2 x SB Touch - all wireless
1 x Wandboard behind the bedroom ceiling
ReadyNAS NVX running LMS 7.7.3. w iTunes plugin
iPeng 7 on iPhone.
SqueezePad & iPeng 7 on iPad.
http://www.last.fm/user/phibon