)p( wrote:
> I guess third party music players like Groove can support streaming the
> whole iTunes Match library because they actually use the standard ios
> player and are just a UI shell around it. Anyway yes even just the local
> downloaded library would be a cool addition to iPeng. Someday :)

No, even Groove can't fully play iTunes Match.
It's more complicated: iTunes Match has _two_ ways how you can handle
music, you can either _download_ it to the device (from iTunes Match) or
you can _play_ it straight away, then it will essentially be streamed
through a buffer but not stored on the device. The former happens if you
hit the cloud-download icon, the latter if you just play.
If a track was downloaded, Apps can play it, but they can't access
tracks in iTunes Match itself, even if you have just played them.

It's one of these cases where Apple does really complicated things users
will INHO rarely understand, especially since the logic is pretty much
hidden in the UI.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 7, the Universal App for iOS 7*