dborod wrote:

> I would really like to be able to see album art thumbnails in the
> playlist view. I can see that there isn't a lot of horizontal space when
> holding the phone in portrait mode, but there would be lots of room in
> landscape mode, except that the app switches to a different mode (which
> I never use). Anyhow, I would really like to be able to see the albums
> when viewing and editing playlists.

I doubt that :)
One of the problems with the artwork is that you'd need a taller cell to
show the artwork, too. And this means, in Landscape mode you'd have
space for only four rows. It's hard to see something useful there and
it's impossible to move cells, I'm pretty sure in landscape mode the
artwork would hurt even more than in portrait.

The playlist menu just doesn't work in landscape, that's why it isn't
showing, the screen properties are not made for it.

Confused wrote:
> I normally use iPeng in portrait mode and sync players using MultiPlayer
> Control on iPhone 5 with iOS7. This works flawlessly in the "old"
> version (2.0.16) but on 7.0.1 the edit button is not visible in portrait
> mode. As a workaround, I exit out of Multiplayer control, turn the phone
> to landscape, reopen multiplayer in portrait mode and voila, the edit
> button appears and  I can eventually sync!

Are you sure you haven't enabled the party mode? Although the "Edit"
button should never show if you do.
I have tried all type settings and the "edit" button never goes away for
me so I doubt that's it.
On iPhone 4 there is a bug in the current version that can distort the
MultiPlayer screen on the very first start, it helps to kill the App
through the control center and restart it. Could it be that you somehow
see a similar effect on iPhone 5? Should only happen on the first start,
though.
If restarting doesn't help, could you send me a screen shot?

> I guess this might be happening because I have Bold text set to ON in
> the iPhone accessibility settings?  It does not appear that iPeng 7
> supports Dynamic Type so I cannot adjust the virtual font size. In
> comparison with other apps, iPeng 7 seems to have a large screen title
> font?

Yes. Dynamic type is a good idea if you have a lot of text to show but
whenever you have a more complex screen layout where you need to exactly
position control elements it just doesn't work. It's also another
performance killer and performance of the iOS 7 runtime is already
pretty dismal.
I plan to use it in the main menus at a later state but currently not.

> Also I am wondering why the Home button has been replaced by Back? In
> some situations this is annoying, particularly when transiting back from
> a sub>sub menu to the main items.
>
> Sorry I just realized that my comments about the Home button in my
> exhibits the same behavior (except the Home button reverts to a back
> button in the sub menus). I think the Home button is just
> psychologically useful for navigation, because it inspires confidence
> that main menu is one step back!

I don't really understand the point of the sub-sub menus, do you mean
when you open a context menu from NowPlaying?

Apart from that: the home button got replaced by "back" for several
reasons

-  The home button just looked too ugly under iOS 7
-  The button actually _is_ a "back" button. Which means that
-  This indicates that the "back" system gesture iOS 7 defines also
  works (swipe from the left screen edge) which means you don't have to
  use the button at all. It works pretty well even with the sliding
  subscreens on NowPlaying

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 7, the Universal App for iOS 7*