markbrauer wrote:
> An update as of Saturday morning.
>
> I did activate squeeze2upnp and indeed, as CommanderROR's research
> predicted, the Chromecast is not found as a DLNA device. So, at least
> for now, the dream of an inexpensive "real" Squeezebox is not
> happening.
>
> Casting from separate Android apps is very unsatisfying. Really makes
> one miss the unified interface the Squeezebox system provides.
>
> Most promising is using Squeeze Player to cast from a phone (post #39).
> But doing this last night took my phone battery from near-fully-charged
> to nearly-dead in about two hours. Never had a phone lose charge so
> fast. Evidently casting takes juice! But, if one was willing to get a
> cheap cast-capable Android (locally MetroPCS offers a no contract LG
> Leon LTE running 5.0 Lollipop for $29) and dedicate it to music player
> duties, one could put together an "almost-a-real-Squeezebox" device.
> Lets see - $35 for the Chromecast Audio - $29 for the phone - Squeeze
> Player is free - that's $64 total. Both the phone and Chromecast would
> need constant power, but the so does a Touch. Use another phone as
> controller, or any other Squeezebox control. Could work.

.... or just get a Rocki which works with upnpbridge ?

Touch - Muse M50 EX TPA3123 T-Amp Mini - Acoustics Q10 speakers
Logitech Radio
Logitech UE Radio
Raspberry Pi + Squeezeplug LMS + Squeezelite
Cubieboard + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1 + Squeezelite - Soundwave SW100
bluetooth speaker
O2 Joggler + SqpOS + Aune X2 T-amp + Mordaunt Short ms-3.40 speakers
IBOX + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1 + Squeezelite - Soundwave SW100 bluetooth
speaker
UPnPBridge - O2 Joggler - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers
UPnPBridge - Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker
Pure One Flow