castalla wrote:
> .... or just get a Rocki which works with upnpbridge ?

What attracted me to the Chromecast Audio is the digital output and
ability to handle hi-res files - just like my Touch. And it does match
the outstanding performance of the Touch through my DAC/amp. I tried the
similar Beep device (thisisbeep.com - now defunct) in the past. Beep did
work with upnpbridge, but the analog output from the built-in DAC was
not even close to the Touch. The Rocki is also analog only. According to
the one review I found that mentioned sound quality, the Rocki's analog
output was characterized as "better than an iPhone" but "not up to
audiophile standards" and I couldn't find anything documenting it's
bit-rate capabilities.

I guess that makes me an audiophile.

Maybe if they had actually built the $89 digital output Rocki...