Julf wrote:
> Fair enough - just a raw spot for me, as I am kind of still stuck in
> those wars (now ICANN vs UN/ITU).
The CCITT/OSI/IETF protocols are part of my history as well (I started
with a HDLC implementation in assembly lang. s/w as there was no h/w
HDLC chips then only rs-232 sync serial interfaces).

Forcing standards doesn't work, people have to "buy" into them.
Chromecast is being accepted because it is cheap, meets a need and
simple to use/implement. Synced audio is needed to compete with other
proprietary players (e.g. Sonos, Samsung, Allplay..)

I don't like the fact the products have to be connected to internet.  I
think Google will keep CC closed as they think it is necessary to keep
content provider such as Netflix onboard and in the present environment
content providers are very important to keep users.