Owen Smith wrote:
> Showing it's age now given it refers to Concorde Class (a great loss, I
> flew Concorde London to JFK once, sigh).

Few people realize how cramped it was.

> And whoever posted that X.400 lost out due to Internet mail is entirely
> correct. I was also part of this history, I spent 8 years of my life
> writing X.400 mail software for two different companies. For several
> years the entire EU Commission used one of them, and then they replaced
> it with Microsoft Exchange (which ironically uses X.400 internally, but
> tries hard to be Internet-ish mail om the edges).

Fortunately we got away with just having a "X.400 transition plan" that
everyone knew was never going to happen, but placated the EU and the
ITU.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953