wortgefecht wrote:
> I  roughly assembled the machine to test VortexBox 2.4. Runs smoothly,
> did also some test rips. Looks good, muich easier for casual ripping (my
> CD library is completely ripped already, so I would only do a CD from
> time to time).
>
> I also noticed that 2.4 comes already with LMS 7.9. Which is nice--but I
> haven't got any update messages yet. I assume, it updated to the latest
> nightly when I first updated VortexBox after the initial install. Or do
> I have to manually install the latest nightly?

the vortexbox updates don't pick up the7.9 nightlys. it uses and older
version.  There are instructions above in this thread to switch to
installing the 7.9 nightly version.

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
(all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win8(64) > LMS 7.9 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win8(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify