Jaca wrote:
> Weirdly 2 of my SB Touch remotes recently developed this problem..
>
> One has not working next and sleep, where other previous and back
> arrow.
>
> I had a look inside to do usual remote clean and possibly foil trick but
> it seems that pcb tracks started to fail... I checked with multimeter
> buzzer and there is no connection to chip form faulty buttons..
>
> Don't think I'm skilled to fix that narrow track and doubt there is
> other magic fix.
>
> I bet your remote suffers from same problem if it's only particular
> button not working..
>
> BTW I have checked on other devices to rule out infamous power supply
> failure

not saying you aren't correct, but it's worth trying to clean. It is
very common for one button, or an area to fail, possibly because of a
spill. a pcb trace failure is possible, but it should be visible under a
magnifier. Also when using a multimeter for checking traces, realize
there may be a conformal coating over them (but not the button landing
pads). You need to use sharp meter probes to pierce the coating to test.
You could try hunk of something conductive (like copper solder wick) and
press onto the button in question spot to see if the ir functions
trigger. This might indicate a problem with the carbon on the bottom of
the silicone.

Again, I could rummage around and fine one, maybe two...who knows, I
have all sorts of parts :)

Jim