Redrum wrote:
> cool! Wire wrap wire works real well for those jumpers if you have any
> #26-#30 laying around. Just mentioning wire wrap might date me :). Since
> it's single strand it allows you to shape the jumper, and being small
> it's not likely to get in the way of anything. Also if you wanted to
> attempt a repair with just solder and a small tip, the solder will only
> stick to the exposed copper, so if you used an exacto knife to scrape
> away the coating exposing the trace that you expect to be broken, you
> don't have to be real precise with the iron, the solder will only adhere
> to the exposed copper. It might look like it blobs over other traces,
> but as long as they aren't exposed copper you are ok.
>
> You also mentioned the "holes" corresponding to problem areas. The holes
> are "vias" and they are basically a copper plated hole that allows a
> trace on one side of the board to the other (assuming 2 layer board for
> simplicity). So if you suspected a via is bad, scrape a bit on each
> side, maybe scrape the hole with a drill bit, and blob the solder
> through it.
>
> Nice fix! I digress :)
>
> JimThank you for terminology clarification and pointers for better repair.
I didn't get wire wrap date joke though (Assuming it was joke..  I'm one
of those pesky eastern europeans ;p so you know )

Anyway I couldn't image its possible to run such a think trace with
solder but if like you said I don't have to worry about others as long
as those are not exposed... Then I may just try it on other remote..
Thanks [emoji106]

Ohh BTW  all via were actually OK.. I tried to  short connections in
various places with batteries to see Touch response or lack of it

3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with
HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander,
Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in
DS218+)