Jaca wrote:

> This is too tiny with my soldering skills to properly fix so had to
> improvise and weird things turned out to be working :)

cool! Wire wrap wire works real well for those jumpers if you have any
#26-#30 laying around. Just mentioning wire wrap might date me :). Since
it's single strand it allows you to shape the jumper, and being small
it's not likely to get in the way of anything. Also if you wanted to
attempt a repair with just solder and a small tip, the solder will only
stick to the exposed copper, so if you used an exacto knife to scrape
away the coating exposing the trace that you expect to be broken, you
don't have to be real precise with the iron, the solder will only adhere
to the exposed copper. It might look like it blobs over other traces,
but as long as they aren't exposed copper you are ok.

You also mentioned the "holes" corresponding to problem areas. The holes
are "vias" and they are basically a copper plated hole that allows a
trace on one side of the board to the other (assuming 2 layer board for
simplicity). So if you suspected a via is bad, scrape a bit on each
side, maybe scrape the hole with a drill bit, and blob the solder
through it.

Nice fix! I digress :)

Jim