Redrum wrote:
> From the wiki page on wire wrap: "Wire wrap construction became popular
> around 1960 in circuit board manufacturing, and use has now sharply
> declined. Surface-mount technology has made the technique much less
> useful than in previous decades. Solder-less breadboards and the
> decreasing cost of professionally made PCBs have nearly eliminated this
> technology"
>
> so it was a joke, and it was a reference to the fact that I used to use
> it....in the 80's :p. Hence the joke about dating myself.
>
> But, when I started working on prototype PCB's, wire wrap was on it's
> way out and we had a ton of the wire laying round. As long as it doesn't
> have to handle much current, it's great for pcb mods and repairs. You
> can pre-shape it, put a bit of solder on the landing pads, place the
> wire and just touch with a soldering iron.
>
> JimOhh I see :). Thanks for explanation

I had a go at other remote and even attempted using solder to restore
trace.. It worked as you described.. At least couple of  traces I
tried.. The pcb slightly got cooked so maybe I applied too my heat it
too long...

Anyway sadly this time repair wasn't successful... Even when multi meter
beeps with every via.. Few buttons are still not responding... I've
noticed a lot more of corrosion on this pcb compared to other one so
perhaps this "went into" chip itself.. Not sure but I gave up..

I got now 2 working ones and one broken. Frankly I'm using material apk
85% of time anyway... It's just sometimes nice to quickly skip song or
turn touch off without phone

3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with
HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander,
Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in
DS218+)