your momo wrote:
> I'm targeting especially on Transporter as it offer enough inner space
> for that, his higher price point also allows more freedom.

I can see a niche product about the size of a transporter with some sort
of built in server. But I can't see who would buy it in volume.

I can't see the audiophiles that are the target market for the
Transporter wanting it. The audiophiles are hot on preamps that are two
boxes, one for the power supply, remote and all that digital stuff and
the other for the analog functions.

>From a practical sound quality standpoint, you don't want a computer
anywhere near high quality analog signals. You sure don't want spinning
disks, video drivers, and all those evil noise generators near any
serious analog components.

However, there may be a market for a SFF computer with SlimServer
pre-insalled and ready to go. Put it in a horizontal case, and it could
go with the look of the Transporter.

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html