Peter;162671 Wrote:

> I've thought about this setup, but the XBox is just to noisy to ever be
>
> allowed in my living room.

I don't disagree with this statement at all, except for two caveats:

1. you can quiet it somewhat by pushing the fan speed down to 10% via
xbmc settings. some have even gone as far as to replace the fan with a
quieter one, but that's a bit too involved for my interest.
2. with a 10 second boot time, the only time xbmc needs to be on is
when you are watching something on xbmc. I don't notice the xbox noise
when watching something, only when nothing else is audible.

also, if you have an AV rack with a glass front that'll buffer it even
further.

cheers,
#!/ben

--