Sch;162650 Wrote:
> XMBC was one of my options, along with the KISS DP558, but the WAF (Wife
> Acceptance Factor) isn't exactly great on the Xbox, and the DP558 lacks
> on the streaming (I will have to upload the video's to the 558).

I also love my Xbox with XBMC. The front-end for it is just so polished
now, (it looks much better than that for any DVD player/ video streamer
I've seen...). I was going to bung my Xbox on eBay when I got the 360,
but I'm really pleased I decided to dedicate it to AV use instead.

To be honest, I'm not sure what the WAF problems would be with it. My
Xbox sits in a normal HiFi rack with the IR receiver dongle (no
trailing lead so very unobtrusive) in one of the controller ports, and
no game controllers are connected. It doesn't look too much different
to a hifi component! I have it set to boot directly into XBMC, so you
just turn it on and you're presented with that fantastic looking menu.

I just have one remote (Pronto) that controls it as well as my TV, Amp,
TiVo, DVD player, Squeezebox and lights (via X10). This level of
convenience scores very highly on the WAF (GAF) scale. The only small
niggle is that there is no easy way to turn an Xbox on via the remote,
and I haven't yet trained either of our dogs to push the power button
with their noses.......

--
SadGamerGeek