Peter;167582 Wrote:
> JimC wrote:[color=blue]
> >
> > Cool.  Can you open up a few hundred more houses for me to send
> > prospective customers to?
> >
> > On a less facetious note, WHY do they realize it's great?
>
> Exactly, because in my experience, it's not an easy sell at all.
>
> Regards,
> Peter

Never underestimate the network affect!

I saw the slimp3 on slashdot many years ago and thought "damn, that's
cool".. but I had just got my empeg, so it seemed kinda lacking.  A few
years later, I don't drive to work anymore, so I don't listen to music
in the car so often,  and spent more time at home listening via the
linux box I kept in stereo cabinet.  A friend of mine said "hey, check
out this new toy I got"  this was my introduction to the squeezebox..
pretty cool, so i got one for my parents to listen to music with.
Another move, and I end up in Mountain View, and discover the SD office
is near by.. neat, I should get the new box SB2.  I ended up getting 2,
so I can stream to 2 rooms.  I show it to a few co-workers, and a few
of them get them.

I do a bit of "check it out, it's handy"  and a bit of "oh.. play
around a bit"

I've also sold a couple via softsqueeze demos.

--
SuperQ