mherger;184241 Wrote:
> This has little to do neither with Windows nor Samba (the SMB server
> used on Linux) but is just due to the NAS' limited CPU power.

A simple test would be:  Run a SlimServer scan on a Windows machine
accessing files on the NAS.  Then run it on Linux system accessing the
same files across the network on the NAS.  If the scan on Linux system
runs considerably faster, then there's something wrong other than just
the limited throughput of the NAS itself.

The OP claimed (maybe in the other thread) that this was exactly the
case.  I haven't had the opportunity to test it, but I have seen how
slow a scan is going from my Windows server to a library stored on an
Infrant NAS.

--
JJZolx

Jim