results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=43198
Question: Do you agree with this posting?

- Yes
- No
- In the middle

MuckleEck;266684 Wrote:
> I don't trotally agree with this long post.
>
> To me a NAS is as it's name implies for storage, I have never and will
> never try and get a NAS to run programs in any way shape or form. I
> have setup a small quiet PC as a server which runs SC7.0 perfectly as
> well as a few other apps, without using much energy and therby staying
> green(ish).
>
> I feel that Logitech/Slimdevices have had plenty on their plates
> recently and whilst being able to put SC7.0 onto a NAS device may suit
> a few people, I would prefer to see a more feature rich product rather
> than one which has been shoe-horned to fit onto a NAS.

I couldn't disagree more. How many PCs would you have me spread about
the house? Although I still run Slimserver on my PC I am seriously
considering getting a NAS, because when the PC is engaged on complex
tasks like heavy indexing or the like, the performance of SlimServer
suffers. A dedicated machine would be much more elegant. If SlimServer
also became DNLA compliant it would be even better.

--
luuk