results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=43198
Question: Do you agree with this posting?

- Yes
- No
- In the middle

I wrote the original impassioned plea here and I have to think everyone
for replying and boiling down all of the useful information (still
difficult to parse, but I suppose as boiled as it's going to get). I
have learned a lot, though not quite enough to make a decision!

Three things to add:

1. Many people asked why one would want an NAS which is just "half a
crippled PC". One of the key reasons I want an NAS over a PC is that I
can store all my files, photos, videos, music, and more on the NAS and
it's *network-attached*. Anyone in the house can access anything on the
NAS whether they listen to music on their headphones or look at pictures
on their PC or stream MP3s to the SB -- all at the same time. I don't
think you can do this with a PC. But since I'm a business guy, not a
tech guy, I could be wrong!

2. Michael from Logitech made a good point and suggestion. He said that
the reason all of us novices and non-Linux heads are lost in the forums
is that the questions about NAS come up every single day and they get
answered over and over. So there is an enormous amount of information
but none of it is tied together and some of it is contradictory. He
asks if anyone would be willing to post an NAS FAQ in the wiki. **This
would be fantastic is someone would oblige**.

3. And finally, an overlooked reply from Slim Devices Director of
Engineering was posted in the Beginners Forum in answer to my yelp of
frustration. He wrote:
"Without getting into specifics, I can say that support on multiple
third-party NAS drives is a high priority for us. I feel your pain.
Message received."

Bravo for communication!

--
Omeriah