results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=43198
Question: Do you agree with this posting?

- Yes
- No
- In the middle

and that is where a vm comes in, i think. go to vmwares site now and you
will see a precofigured linux os running sc7.
i'm running a quad with 8gb & 64bit and its running multiple os's
without struggling and sc7 is on 1 of them.
power consumption isn't that much considering what its running as
processor heatsink is fanless. just 4 hard drives going but that's what
you would have in a nas more than likely.
if your pc is on most of the day, then i'd definetely discount a nas.
however, if its only switched on for a fraction of the day, maybe a nas
is the way to go. however, by its very nature, it is limited and you can
bet that most users would want it to do what a pc does in the end or
thereabouts.
and we'll probably all look back and laugh in years to come at what are
pc's as we have one big wonderbox that we'll all take for granted tucked
away in the cupboard somewhere!

--
Lou1z