results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=43198
Question: Do you agree with this posting?

- Yes
- No
- In the middle

I answered yes, BUT, the box that I would want to buy would probably be
way too expensive for what I want it to do. I want an all-in-one server
that can hand out data, music, AND HD video. Judging by all accounts of
Logitech's ReadyNAS (which is too expensive for me for what it does) it
is simply too slow to handle all of these tasks. Therefore, I would
prefer to take the time to learn how to build my own box, give it
better performance, and do it on the cheap.

There is so much information freely available, and the raw parts are so
relatively inexpensive, that it just doesn't make sense to pay retail
for an underperforming NAS. It's a weekend project .. maybe two .. plus
the time waiting for the parts to arrive.

--
NFLnut