Philip Meyer;299687 Wrote:
> I really can't see what everyone's problems are with compilation tags.
Neither do I and I don't think "everyone" really is that many users. I
still suspects the current automatic VA logic or setting the
compilation tags works good enough for most users.

Philip Meyer;299687 Wrote:

> It really is no hassle at all to set COMPILATION=1 on all various
> artist albums.  People using other apps have probably done this
> already, to get the other apps working correctly.

I think the issue MrSinatra and some other users are seeing, is that
COMPILATION needs to be set to 0, not 1. I've set the COMPILATION tag
to 1 for all my VA albums, but I haven't set it to 0 for all the rest.
Still, it's really simple to set it to 0 for all the other albums, in
any of the tagging programs available, if SqueezeCenter would require
this in some future release. So neither I can see the big problem with
this.

Making it possible to turn of the automatic VA logic which isn't based
on the COMPILATION tags makes some sense to me, at least if it would
result in a few more happy users and Logitech is willing to handle
support issues for this extra checkbox in the setting pages.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.homeip.net) 'My download page'
(http://erland.homeip.net/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library and Database Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.homeip.net/index.php/Category:SlimServer))