MrSinatra;299855 Wrote:
> ok, but its the same thing.  SORT tags will override the VA logic just
> like ALBUMARTIST will.  (so VA logic is not necessary for you)
I don't think so. VA worked fine before I added the ALBUMSORT tags, and
I don't see how ARTISTSORT would override VA logic.

MrSinatra;299855 Wrote:
> thats very cool about the SBC, i didn't think you could over-ride how
> the SBC does it, (via tags).
You're not really overriding it, you're just giving it different data
to sort. The default data appears to be the ALBUM tag. For non-VA discs
I populate the ALBUMSORT tag with ARTISTSORT+YEAR+ALBUM, and for VA
discs I use ALBUM+YEAR.

MrSinatra;299855 Wrote:
> i just said i didn't think that SC7 uses folder names to say that a CD
> in that folder is a VA album.  *if i am wrong on that, np, happy to
> admit it.*
>
> (i would like to know if a CD gets called VA and a comp just for being
> in such a folder, and what exactly the folder needs to be called to
> make that happen)
There's no special name required for the folder. I'm not an expert on
this, but as I understand the typical case, if the tracks in a folder
have (a) the same ALBUM tag and (b) the different ARTIST tags, it's
treated as a VA album. If those same tracks are scattered around
multiple directories, they are considered as separate albums, with the
same name.

--
aubuti