egd;316422 Wrote:
> Yes, people lurking and reading in order to help them make a decision
> need to understand that the Duet comes with many problems.  Sorry if
> you don't like hearing that.

I find it an intereesting culture in these forums, that many of the SB
stalwarts seem to think we users must be "nice" to SlimDevices and
Logitech.

I agree that vitriol and diatribes don't help anyone, however I think
as users we have the right -and to a certtain the degree an obligation-
to keep highlighting problems for as long as they exist.

The cheerleading will not help quality control or advance the cause of
the SlimDevices products. Trying to shut up users that have problems
even though it is obvious they are knowledgable and have paid for the
product is simply wrong.

I wish it weren't true, but as big a fan I am of the traditional SB, I
am utterly disappointed with the Duet. In its current form it is not a
comsumer-ready device at all. The temperamental wireless behavior of
the SBC is widely documented in these forums, and that is just the
people that decide to actually try to fix it, as opposed to those who
simply return the product without bothering any further.

I have kept the Duet, hoping that one day, one sweet day, a software
release comes along that fulfills the promise of the product. Until
then, I shall write messages such as these to express I am a
disappointed Duet buyer up until now. It is a shame that longtime SB
customer like myself and Mr egd have our Duet gathering dust, several
software and firmware upgrades and wireless power settings into the
debugging cycle.

And for others to feel entitled to tell me I should upgrade a wireless
router that is pretty recent, and that has never ever had issues with
any device (several PDAs, iPhones, laptops, Macs, Linux systems and
what not)... well, did the Duet come with a sticker that said "will
only work with a handful or wireless routers, but we won't officially
tell you which ones"? I think not.

--
pablolie