Given that I started this thread, I thought I'd point out that my
experience with the Duet has been very positive. I have only had two
problems. The first was to do with my complicated network topology (two
wireless routers to ensure wireless coverage over two floors) and was
very quickly solved after a quick response from Dean that pinpointed
the problem immediately. The second was the one that triggered this
thread. In this case, the problem only arose with SC 7.1, which is
still only in test and so I it's reasonable to experience a few
glitches. My problem, which disappeared with a new release, may also be
related to my network setup: my SBR is on a different wireless network
(but same sub-net) as the SB3 so perhaps there was a problem updating
the SBR firmware associated with 7.1 upgrade that related to this
wireless setup. In any event, I'm happily listening to the SBR right
now (Cluster, in case you were wondering).

I have two work colleagues who bought the Duet on my recommendation.
One already had a Transporter so was familiar with the world of
Squeeze. The other had always heard me bang on about how it would
"change the way he listened to music". He's had his duet for a few
weeks now and the other day he said to me "it has changed the way I
listen to music". Dare I say, I told him so?

--
smc2911

http://www.last.fm/user/smc2911/