Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> Are you kidding ?

Of course it was a joke. Do you know smilies?
But as in many jokes there is grain of truth in it, so also in this one
(at least IMHO).

> Directory standardisation is one thing linux distributions do right.
> The first question of a packager comming from windows space is always "why
> can't I let the user select the installation directory ?" (because you
> have strong directory rules)

You might know more about what is going on because it looks as if you
are more involved in this. I'm not so convinced by the current results
of the standardization efforts across Linux distros. If that (means: the
results, not the efforts) improved in the future I would be impressed.

Best regards,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.