On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 00:16 +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
> Ian Lynch wrote (9-6-2008 22:02)
>
> > I wish you the best of luck in getting a more democratic and
> > participative Community Council. If you look back over the archives for
> > the last 4 years you will see quite a few people who committed a lot of
> > time to the project giving up. Sadly the project simply loses those
> > resources.
> > [...]
>
> Happily quite some stay and join as well.

But losing anyone that could make a difference is bad. Volunteers have
choices as to where to put their efforts. The key is to make OOo so
compelling no-one would even think of going elsewhere. That should be
the goal.

> I admit that the way the CC is composed, is not the most democratic. And
> I see no problems in steps towards a change. But I do not overestimate
> the effects of such a change. OOo is complicated product and project,
> where many things go fine and also a lot don't.
> Most important IMO is to try to contribute/keep the situation so, that
> open communicating is possible, so that natural changes - in whatever
> direction - are not too much blocked by stress.

That is fine, but no change on the grounds things are too complex or
stressful is untenable. The question is not if things can be perfect but
if things can be improved and that improvement is taking an inordinately
long time.

Ian
--
New QCA Accredited IT Qualifications