Andre Schnabel wrote:
Hi Michael,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Von: Michael Meeks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        http://council.openoffice.org/CouncilProposal.html

        Reading that, I guess there is a resignation option if you have a
deputy - and presumably can be done quietly & tastefully: clearly you've
served the term you were elected for & some with distinction :-)

Of course there is .. but why resign, when new elections are scheduled for next
month anyway? ;)

        Hokay - so, how do you suggest we demonstrate that sort of thing ? I
for one loathe all these huge top-quoted "+1" type mails around the
place ;-) but - would you welcome suggesting a vote of "the community"
on my proposal ? ;-)

we are far from being able to vote on anything. At the moment I see only two people (not
counting current council members) discussing this topic. This is not really "big
interest".  Counting the numbers, we have more council members interested in this as
non-council members ;)

Btw: I already told some points that we need to define, before we can vote on
your proposal. I think it would take along time to discuss this here on the
list(s). Maybe we can set up an IRC meeting for interested people?

André
I suspect that the main reason this doesn't get more attention and discussion is that most members don't know enough about the council to be able to offer any meaningful suggestions or even contribute to the discussion. Some informative emails would be much appreciated I think.