Ajas:

As always, I caveat my reply with "I am not the usual developer."

First, I only have one database for client storage for all of the CF apps on the server. Since, there are only a few on the server, and only 1 is NOT -MY- app, it's not a problem.

So, that solves a large part of the problem. At least with Blue Dragon, the table structure includes a field for the app name. So, I can't see a reasonable possibility of any problems.

Second, I expire sessions within 20 or 30 minutes. So, I really don't need the non identifiable old records laying around for very long.

In addition to the admin settings of expire in X days, I run a script four times a day which does a very quick, simple, clean thing - delete records from the database that are more than 6 hours old. This keeps my database used for client storage down to 40-100 MB in size depending on the day and the traffic load.

Derrick Peavy
derr...@derrickpeavy.com
404-786-5036

“Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” -Steve Jobs

"A good deal that used to be a great deal, is not nearly as good as an awful deal that was once a horrible deal." - Dan Gilbert, http://bit.ly/8gUruX