Ajas, I don't recognize the problem immediately, but unless someone else
does and comes to the rescue, here are a few thoughts to consider that may
help you (or help you help us):

First, are you positive that the two websites are setup identically on the
two different machines? I mean specifically the docroot, for instance. You
don't clarify, though you do imply it. Worth just confirming.

Second, since this autosuggest feature generates a request from the client
to the server (as coded by CF, of course), you may want to use a tool like
firebug or any of many other tools to watch the communication between the
client and the web server. it may be interesting to see what the client asks
for. Consider also that what it asks for is of the web server: you could
still have some other possible confusion caused once it leaves the web
server and gets to CF.

Third, do you have a mapping setup in the CF Admin (check in both your local
and the other server)? And what about in this.mappings in any
application.cfc that may control the page? Again, check on both boxes.

Again, I'm just grasping at straws here. No real idea of the problem or
solution. Hope these thoughts may help.

/charlie